SYFT Learn and Excel
About Recruitment & Advertisement No. CRPD/CR/2017-18/10
State Bank of India (SBI) has recently announced about the Recruitment of 7200 vacancies of Junior Associate (Clerk). Many Interested & Eligible Candidates Filled their Online Application form for these Posts. The Process of Submitting the Online Application form 20.01.2018 to the Last Date 10.02.2018. More Details about the Recruitment is as Provided Below.
We know that candidates are applying in huge numbers for their dream job in SBI. So, obviously, this competition is going to be a battle type for them. A minor slip-up may cause failure in this battle or competition. So, let’s perceive the terms selection procedure, scheme and syllabus of SBI Clerk Exam 2018 from this article.
- Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Phase-II: Main Examination
- Phase-II I: Test Of Specified Opted Local Language (If Required)
Phase-III: Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
Exam Pattern/Scheme of Exam
► the online written test will be multiple choice objective type.
► there shall be a composite paper carrying 100 questions of total 100 marks.
► the duration of test will be 01:00 hour (60 minutes).
►This test would be consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|Sr. no||Name of the Test||Question/ Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||English language||30||20 Minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||20 Minutes|
►this written test will also be objective type and online.
►there will be composite paper carrying 190 questions of total 200 marks.
►the composite duration of test will be 02:40 hours (160 minutes).
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
Note – There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The Question Paper will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
SBI Clerk Syllabus: The Exam Syllabus will be as Follows:
In The Preliminary Examination There Are Only 3 Sections English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning. So We Request All The Candidates To Focus On Only These Three Subjects And Practice As Much As You Can. Here We Are Providing You Detailed Syllabus For SBI Clerk 2018.
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability:
In This Section The Main Thing You Need To Remember Is Maintaining Good Speed Through The 20 Minutes As You Know That There Will Be Separate Timing Is Given And The Number Of Question Is 35. So You Have To Solve Every Question In Consistent Speed. The Chapters From Which Question Can Be Asked Is Given Below:
- Data Interpretation (Weightage – 5Q): Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular Etc.
- Number Series (Weightage – 5Q): Completing the Series, Finding the Missing Term Etc.
- Miscellaneous Questions (Weightage – 15Q) : Average, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Mensuration, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Algebra, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time And Work, Permutation & Combination, Mixture Problems, Probability Etc.
- Simplification And Approximation (Weightage – 10Q) : BODMAS Rule, Approximate Rule, Fractions, Decimals, Surds & Indices Etc.
In This Section, All Applicants Need To Focus On Accuracy And Timing. We Advise All The Applicants Do Not Start With The Puzzles As It Can Take More Tim Always Start With The Separate Questions You Can Check The Chapters Given Below:
- Puzzles & Seating Arrangements (Weightage – 8Q To 10Q)
- Direction Sense (Weightage – 3Q)
- Blood Relation (Weightage – 2Q)
- Syllogism (Weightage – 5Q)
- Order & Ranking (Weightage – 3Q)
- Coding And Decoding (Weightage – 5Q)
- Inequalities (Weightage – 2Q)
- Alpha-Numeric Symbol Series (Weightage – 5Q)
Mainly focus on the topics like Synonyms, Antonyms, and Vocabulary. In This Section You Can Score More Marks Than Any Other Section As It Gives You 20 Minutes And This Time Is Very Good. You Can Check Chapters Given Below:
- Reading Comprehension (Weightage – 10Q)
- Fill In The Blanks (Weightage – 5Q)
- Para Jumbles (Weightage – 5Q)/ Cloze Test (Weightage – 5Q)
- Error Spotting (Weightage – 5Q)
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction (Weightage – 5Q)
In The Main Examination The Chapter For Preliminary Examination Is Same In Math, Reasoning And English But The Weightage Will Be Changed. And Computer Aptitude Will Be Merged With Reasoning Section. Topics For The General/Financial Awareness And Computer Aptitude Is Provided Given Below:
General/Financial Awareness: -
In This Section All Applicants Should Read Daily Current Affair. And Also Give Time To Static General Awareness Because Question Will Be Asked In This Section From Both Topics. You Can Check Chapters From Given Below List:
- Banking Awareness
- Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Schemes And Policies
- Current Affairs & Static Awareness
- Normal World Current Affairs
- Sports And Games Related News
- Awards (National & International)
- National And International Festivals
- Folk And Classical Dance
- Countries And Their Capitals
Computer Aptitude: -
The Pattern Has Been Changed Now, Traditionally Banks Asked Students About Computer Awareness But Now A Days The Questions Will Be Asked Are Related To The Binary Number Conversion. SBI Can Ask You The Conversion Of Binary Number To Decimal & Vice-Versa.